Patients on long term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- By Hand - drop your repeat slip in the post box near the arrivals screen, with the required items clearly marked.
- Online Repeat Medication Request - if you are registered for online services, you can order any medication items which are currently on repeat prescription. If you are not registered for our service, please follow our instructions on how to register for online services under the Practice Information and Online Appointments tab on the menu.
- By Post - send it to us remembering to enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By Fax - to 01763 262968
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS BY PHONE
- Patient Enquires - if you do need to speak to one of our dispensary team, please call the practice and selection Option 3 from our telephone menu. If the call cannot be put through immediately the line will be busy. Your call will be redirected back to the menu, please continue to select Option 3 until your call can be connected. THE RECEPTION TEAM ARE UNABLE TO HELP YOU
- Dispensary line opening times:
- 9:30am - 10:30am / 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Please note we cannot accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
We supply medicines direct from our dispensary to all patients who live more than a mile from a chemist. Please check with the dispensers if you are unsure whether you are eligible.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
For medications on repeat you need to allow two (2) full working days
For all other medication requests you need to allow up to five (5) working days.
If you have 'run out' you will receive a small emergency supply with the rest to follow up to two (2) days later. The emergency supply will be available after a GP has finished their clinic and reviewed your meds.